Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Howdy, Ya'll!







Well, the boys are officially Texans: Carter says, "I'm not mad at ya'll," and last night Colin said, "Carter, I'm fixin' to give you it...hold on!" On the other hand, Colin actually said something was crunk the other day, and I'm pretty sure that term didn't originate in Texas, but who knows...
Carter loves his new roller skates from YaYa, and pretty much wears his Batman mask every day. People will stop us and scream that they are in trouble and need help from Batman, and Carter (who wears the mask so frequently that he forgets he has it on) looks at them like they're nuts. I have to remind him HE'S the super hero until eventually he kicks into gear. This can be a major pain since I have to juggle the other two while prompting Carter to rescue the stranger.
Clayton is TEN months old already!! He is crawling all over the place. He is constantly snatching toys from Carter, which Carter hates. But Clayton is really sweet and Colin has learned he can carry him, so that's funny to see.
Colin is his usual high energy self! He loves running and reading books. The other night I was reading him a book and he said, "Mommy, what does this fish say?" So I made up some ridiculous fish noise while making the fish face and doing my arms like fins and I said, "The fish says, 'bloop, bloop!'" And he said, "NO! What does the fish say?" And so I put a little more effort into pulling off the fish act, with my arms flailing and my face all twisted up and I said, "Bloop, Bloop!!" a little louder with a little more enthusiasm. Finally, Colin looks at me like I am completely insane, shakes his head, and says, "Mommy, when I say 'what does this fish say?' you read me the words on the page about the fish!" So it turns out we had a little miscommunication there...
We love ya'll!

2 comments:

Jesse and Dori said...

Hey,
Sounds like you have a very funny little boys! I bet they keep you laughing! How fun!
Love-DODE

the babies mamma said...

that's a hoot! I can totally see you getting into the whole fish face/noises! hahaha

Lakota LOVES Spiderman, Batman, Superman...she even knows Ironman!!