Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!






This post is dedicated to Mike Houck, my dad and the boys' Granddaddy. He noticed he doesn't get a lot of ink on my blog, and my dad is not shy about letting me know what's up, so...here you go, Dad!! Happy Father's Day! (P.S.--If you came to visit more often you would get more press.)
Interesting Facts About My Dad:
He can touch his tongue to the tip of his nose.
He can juggle really well.
He is 6 feet 6 inches tall.
He loves Led Zeppelin and has taken me to a bunch of Plant/Page concerts. "Fool in the Rain" is a personal favorite of both of us.
He has seven brothers and sisters.
He is from Bowie, Maryland, the same town that Kathie Lee Gifford is from.
He can whistle really loudly.
He is very funny and loves funny stories about the boys.
He is an excellent golfer and generally shoots around 70-75.*
He is an amazing storyteller and always begins a story with, "There I was...."
His favorite color is blue and he has blue eyes (like Clayton's!).
He got married in Las Vegas and his anniversary was the other day (June 14).
He is a handy man.
He is very good at pool.
He went to the Masters this year (as a spectator).
He thinks Texas is "bizarro world" because every time he comes something weird happens...like that ice storm in 2007.
He gives good advice and is very fair.
He's a great dancer...ha ha, no he's not (that's where I get my two left feet!)
He's a great dad and an even better granddaddy!

1 comment:

Grandaddy said...

He's also got the best daughter a Father could ask for....
Lova You,
G-Daddy