Saturday, July 4, 2009

No Bull







Happy Fourth of July!! Last night we went to Canyon West with Uncle Rick and Aunt Mindy to see fireworks and it was a total blast! There were tons of things to do for everyone and we all had fun. The fireworks display lasted about 22 minutes and it was set to Christian music and patriotic music that was awesome. There was even an occasional breeze which made the night even more relaxing. (At 7:45 yesterday it was still 97 degrees!) As you can see, the boys got to sit on a bull with enormous horns (named Oreo). My camera died after our pictures with Oreo, so I don't have pictures of the fireworks but I do have quotes for you!
Colin: These fireworks are making me happy!
Carter: I wish I was a firework.
And Clayton pretty much sat there in awe with a huge smile on his face.

Today Nana and Papa are arriving from Tampa for Kristina's surgery on Tuesday. (Please pray Kristina's kidney transplant goes well on Tuesday!) We are meeting Nana and Papa, AUNT BERTIE (there, Bert, you happy now?) and Uncle Nick, and Uncle Dukes for dinner tonight and then we'll light some locally bought fireworks here at the house. (The boys are super excited!) Happy Fourth everybody!

2 comments:

teamwilhite said...

We have done Canyons West several times, but we didn't do it this year--Looks like we missed out!

alicia kristine said...

be praying for you family as you go through this difficult time... looks like LG is not an option for Chris and I... too many weird schedules... cute kiddos Sister... come to the pool sometime, I'd love to have you guys!